Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Congratulations!!

my hero:

So, how are you feeling today, marathoner??

I imagine you’re feeling a mixture of a tremendous elation in completing a grueling marathon, and some fatigue, muscle soreness and joint pain.

Over the coming days, schedule in 20 – 30 minutes of continuous light aerobic activity, like a brisk walk or some easy ellipticaling each day until the soreness is gone.

In terms of delayed onset muscle soreness, tonight you’ll feel it more than earlier today, and tomorrow may be the peak of your discomfort. By Thursday it’ll start improving. The more easy movement you get in, the sooner you’ll feel better.

And boy, was I ever excited to see you during the various stages of the marathon yesterday, and of course at the end. You all are my hero’s!! Truly.

I realize it may be too early for some on you to think about, but I’ve heard from several people about what their next event is going to be.

Whatever it is, is fine. I’ve heard some are going to run another marathon, some will be doing an upcoming Half, others are unsure at this point.

Many of you have expressed an interested in keeping our running structure going. I’m all for that!!!

In fact, it’s SO MUCH EASIER to continue training, than it is to cease training and then start back up from a less conditioned standpoint. My guess is that you've never been more fit than you are RIGHT NOW!

My goal is to complete the Columbus Half faster than I did last year.

I go see my doc today at 2:30 to see how my healing has progressed. I did end up running almost 2 consecutive miles yesterday (by accident), and felt great!

So, please reply to this email if you’d like to continue our training structure of Tue/Thurs/Saturday morning, or some version thereof.

In the meantime, savor the incredible day you had yesterday!! I'm super proud of you!

And don’t forget to move, move, move!! Easy movement.

Talk with you soon!!

Your friend in fitness,

Brian Calkins

HealthStyle Fitness, Inc. 4325 Red Bank Rd Cincinnati, OH 45227 513-407-4665, x-105 www.CincinnatiFitness.com

No comments: