Friday, June 26, 2009

We're 2 Weeks Away from the 5K!!

This week’s running update will be short and sweet – with the storms overnight we’re busy working on getting our phone system back up and running, and my wife, daughter and I are flying out to see her parents in a few minutes.

So here we go...

For the balance of our preparation for the 5K on July 11th we're going to keep our timed runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 30 minutes. We will, however, continue to add a little more distance for next Saturday’s run.

Below is our schedule for next week...

Monday – Adventure Boot Camp (or strength training)

Tuesday - Run 30 min

Wednesday – Strength Training or Cross-training

Thursday - Run 30 min

Friday - Strength Training or Cross-training

Saturday - 3.30 miles

Sunday – Rest

If you need to access any of the previous emails you can go to the archives at http://www.swiftpage1.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=2T0JJPDXHQUEUZGC00YGWW.

Also, a couple of runners in the group were asking about my Garmin Running Computer – I love it!! Leah, Claire, and a few others have one. It’s really the coolest training partner, aside from a good running buddy helping you through a challenging run, that I’ve ever found.

More information on the Garmin can be found here: http://www.swiftpage1.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=2T0JJPDXHQUEUZGC01YGWW.

Now, if you decide to purchase a Garmin, Costco has them online at half price!! Use this link: http://www.swiftpage1.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=2T0JJPDXHQUEUZGC02YGWW.

I use mine every time I run…and while I’m in South Carolina it’ll help me get back to my in-laws house in the event I cannot remember the way back home (but the training data it gives you is even more impressive).

A must have for those continuing on with the running group after the 5K!

Okay, Leah is looking forward to seeing you at 7am tomorrow morning here at our studio for the 3 mile run!!

I’ll be back Tuesday afternoon, and will be running with everyone Thursday morning – see you then!!

Keep up the great training and have an awesome weekend!

Your friend in fitness,

Brian Calkins

HealthStyle Fitness, Inc. 4325 Red Bank Rd Cincinnati, OH 45227 513-407-4665, x-105 www.CincinnatiFitness.com

No comments: